Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Congratulations! It’s a Podcast!


My last Blog entry consisted of a video of what many call “Podcast”. Instead of telling you about the information on the video, I posted it to my blog as an entry. By now, if you have an iPod, mp3 player, computer, or any other device with download and listen capabilities, you probably have subscribed to a Podcast. For those newbies, let me explain what a Podcast is.

Podcast are generally a series of audio or video files that are released in weekly episodes. These episodes can either be downloaded or viewed via the internet. The common purpose of a podcast is to convey to its viewers and listeners issues that the creator passionately cares about, increase business, or just be heard. Podcasting is another platform for you to use your voice and reach the masses.

This being my first podcast I don’t think I will reach many people. In fact, it was conducted as a class experiment for me to become familiar with the tool by using it to give my opinion of Web 2.0 terms; Digital Natives and Digital Immigrants. It also gave me the opportunity to play with different sounds, try to find a common theme or sound, and have a little fun while still being informative. My experience with creating the Podcast was pleasurable. All you need is a platform for syndication to upload your weekly podcast, audio recording and editing software, and a message. Charisma also adds to the flavor of your podcast. So don’t just be a follower, find a message and have a little Podcast of your own

1 comment:

  1. Great information about podcasts. I hope that you enjoyed creating the Digital Immigrants / Digital Natives podcast. It was my first attempt at creating one and was a bit more work than I expected, but I really enjoyed it. I would do it again if I had the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete